I am an Assistant Professor of Statistics in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Arkansas since Fall 2016. My research interest spans Bayesian methodology and theory for structured high-dimensional data. I have contributed to the area of multiple testing, shrinkage estimation, sparse signal recovery, nonparametric Bayes, bioinformatics, and default Bayes. Recent applications include next-gen sequencing studies, auditory neuroscience, robotics and crime forecasting.
- Postdoctoral Fellow. Department of Statistical Science, Duke University and SAMSI (Program: Beyond Bioinformatics.). Mentors: Prof. David B. Dunson (Statistics), and Prof. Sandeep S. Dave (Medicine).
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Purdue University. Advisors: Prof. Jayanta K. Ghosh and Prof. Michael Yu Zhu. Thesis title: “Some Theoretical and Methodological Aspects of Multiple Testing, Model Selection and Related Areas” (available here). (August, 2009-May, 2014)
- B.Stat and M.Stat: Indian Statistical Institute (2003-2008).
Awards and Honors
- Robert and Sandra Connor Endowed Faculty Fellowship from the University of Arkansas, 2018-19.
- Funding: Drawve, Grant, Shaun A. Thomas, and Jyotishka Datta. January 2019. “Child Maltreatment Pilot Project in Little Rock, Arkansas.” Predict, Align, Prevent. ($27,000; Funded; Originating funding source: Arkansas Children’s Trust Fund).
- Collaborative Research Grant from the Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Enhancement, University of Arkansas. (2016, 2017, 2018). Link.
- Travel grant for attending IISA conference at Corvallis, Oregon, August 19-21, 2016.
- Travel grant for attending SRCOS Summer Research Conference 2016 , June 5-8, 2016. Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Honorable Mention Award for Best Theoretical Poster at the OBayes 2013 Meeting: The Tenth International Workshop on Objective Bayesian Statistics, December 15-19, Durham, Raleigh, USA. Link (p. 8)
- Travel grant for attending the O’Bayes 2013 Meeting: The Tenth International Workshop on Objective Bayesian Statistics, December 15-19, Durham, Raleigh, USA.
- William J. Studden Publication Award for an outstanding publication in a mathematical statistics journal, 2013, Department of Statistics, Purdue University.
- Special Invited Session in Joint Statistical Meeting, Denver, Colorado.
- Special Invited Session in Joint Statistical Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Plenary Session in 10th International Calcutta Triennial Symposium, December 27-30, 2018, Kolkata, India.
- Invited Session in Young Statisticians’ Meet: Data Science in Action: January 4-5, 2019, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India.
- Invited talk at the 2017 IISA International Conference on Statistics at Hyderabad, India on Dec 27-30, 2017.
- Invited talk at the CM Statistics 2017 conference at London, UK on Dec 16-18, 2017.
- A project that I worked on while at Duke was recently featured on Eurekalert, the science newsletter from AAAS. Link: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-10/dumc-rig100517.php
- SAMSI Postdoctoral Profile by Jamie Nunnelly.
- Mathematical Genealogy Project
- SAMSI Beyond Bioinformatics Program
- SAMSI undergraduate modelling workshop led by SAMSI postdocs (also check out the SAMSI blog at samsiatrtp.wordpress.com)
I plan to offer consulting help with analyzing data to students and faculty members across the university and anyone who needs guidance with their data analysis, as long as I feel I have the expertise/interest for the project and time. Please drop me a line if you have any questions about your data analysis or need help with your Statistical software. The service is completely free.
Part of the reason for this is my time spent as a Statistical Consultant for the Department of Statistics at Purdue University from Fall 2011 till Fall 2014. Statistical Consulting Service is an excellent way to get help with the design of experiment, data analysis, or writing a coherent report at any part of a project. To know more about the program please visit the Purdue Stat SCS website below.
- Department of Mathematical Sciences, 219 SCEN, University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. AR 72701.
- Email: jd033 AT uark DOT edu