This page was created to facilitate communication between the WordPress team and their clients where they can see the progress of their requests that can be created on IT Services Websites. For any WordPress requests, you should go to Website Request. However, if you have a registered student organization (RSO), you should go to Request an RSO website through the Office of Student Activities.WordPress Progress page is a platform where every member of the WordPress team will have their own WordPress site, so they will provide their link to clients once they start working on the case. Then, the requestor can see the status of their case. A WordPress member will work up to two cases at the time.
How does WordPress Progress exactly work?
- First of all, a WordPress user has to create a request that will be sent to the WordPress team. Then, if this request takes about 15 minutes to solve, WordPress HelpDesk will take care of this case. However, if the request takes more than 15 minutes to solve, this will be assigned in the next 24 hours.
- Then, a WordPress member will send an email back to the requestor to inform them who has been assigned to this case and ask for more specific information about their request.
- After that, the WordPress member will prepare an outline and a time frame for this case.
- This information will be sent to its requestor, who should respond within 48 hours if they agree to the terms provided.
- Following the requester’ response, the team member will know if they can start working on the case or have to make some modifications to the case’s outlines. This modification may change the due date of the case.
- In case the user does not respond back in 48 hours, the team member will focus on other cases, put that one on the bottom of their list, and focus on the next case.
This site was created to make clients/users aware of their cases’ progress but also to organize cases on a first come, first served basis. A view of this page is similar to the following picture. The first two rows indicate in which case a WordPress team member is working and which cases are next.
WordPress team recommends watching some tutorial videos that are also in WordPress Progress.
The WordPress team wants to make it as easy as possible for you to contact us if you have any questions about the WordPress Website. In addition to the online work request, users can also email us at email@example.com, or fill out a ticket at the WordPress Progress that will be sent specifically to that WordPress Team member of this site.
Now you can check the status of your request as easy as a visiting WordPress Progress Site.